Joseph F. Agnelli Jr.
Joe Agnelli is a partner at Keches Law Group, P.C. which he joined in 1986, shortly after it was founded. Before joining Keches Law Group, he represented both employees and insurance companies in workers' compensation claims. Today, Mr. Agnelli devotes himself to representing injured workers who need his services in the areas of Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability and Accidental Disability Retirement claims.
Mr. Agnelli has lectured at numerous continuing legal education programs on Workers' Compensation law, and has co-chaired the Workers' Compensation update seminars for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) for the past several years. He is a contributing author to the 2001 MCLE publication, “Workers' Compensation Practice in Massachusetts” and he is also the author of “The Board - A History of the First Century of the Massachusetts Industrial Accident Board and the Workers’ Compensation Act” published in April, 2011. He has been a guest lecturer for the Workers' Compensation course at Southern New England School of Law. He has also presented several educational programs to union labor organizations throughout Massachusetts.
Mr. Agnelli is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys and its Workers' Compensation committee, and the Worker Injury Law and Advocacy Group. He is also a member of the Worcester County Bar Association and served as co-chair of its Workers' Compensation committee for a number of years. He served on the Workers’ Compensation Centennial Committee for the 100th anniversary of the Massachusetts Workers’ Compensation Act in 2011, and is a Fellow of the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, class of 2011.
Mr. Agnelli is a graduate of Fitchburg State College, magna cum laude, and a graduate of Suffolk University Law School. He was admitted to practice in Massachusetts in 1980 and to the U.S. District Court in Massachusetts in 1981.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Accidental Disability Retirement
- Massachusetts, 1980
- U.S. District Court of Massachusetts, 1981
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Fitchburg State College
- Workers' Compensation Practice in Massachusetts (Contributing Author), MCLE Publication, 2001
- “The Board - A History of the First Century of the Massachusetts Industrial Accident Board and the Workers’ Compensation Act” (Author), 2011.
- Lecturer, Workers Compensation, Continuing Legal Education Programs, 1993 - Present
- Co-Chair, Workers Compensation Update Seminars, MCLE, 1993 - Present
- Guest Lecturer, Workers' Compensation Course, Southern New England School of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Worker Injury Law and Advocacy Group, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member, Workers' Compensation Committee
- Worcester County Bar Association, Member
- Worcester County Bar Association, Co-Chair, Workers' Compensation Committee
Past Employment Positions
- Kemper Insurance Company, Staff Litigation Attorney, 1985 - 1986
- Laurence Locke & Associates, Attorney, 1983 - 1985
- American Mutual Insurance Company, Attorney, 1982 - 1983
- Reardon & Reardon, Attorney, 1980 - 1982